Dominican University’s Honors Program provides the opportunity for our very best students to intensify and enrich their undergraduate education.
By selecting only those students whose previous academic success indicates both a strong preparation and heightened aptitude for learning, the Honors Program allows our most academically gifted students to challenge themselves in an enjoyable and rewarding way.
- 智力挑战加剧: Take courses with the especially gifted and motivated students.
- 定制你的教育 by completing an Honors Project that matches your special interests.
- Send a favorable message to graduate schools, professional programs, and employers. The best schools and programs are extremely competitive and to be accepted into one of them a student typically needs more than just a high GPA.
- 金融支持: Students who are granted entry into the program right from high school are awarded a $500 scholarship for the first year and a $1000 scholarship in each of their sophomore, 初级, 大四的时候. Financial support is also provided for all 荣誉 students to present their 荣誉 project at an appropriate conference.
- 属于一个志同道合的学生团体s: Being in the Honors Program permits you to meet and develop friendships with a community of similarly motivated students..
- 旅行及特别活动: Subject to the availability of or interest by 荣誉 students, 也有举办荣誉社交活动的空间, such as charitable activities or trips to New York City’s famous museums.
- All students in the Honors Program are entitled to 提前报名并保证录取 到他们选择的课程和部分
- All incoming freshmen with a high school GPA of at least 3.25, or transfer students who have completed a minimal of 4 semesters at Dominican University with a GPA of 3.4 are formally invited to join the Honors Program.
- Invitations are also extended to freshmen who have a GPA over 3.在大学的秋季学期结束后.
- 最后，任何GPA在3分以上的学生.4 and is able to complete two 荣誉 designated courses as well as the six-credit 荣誉 project sequence is encouraged to apply to the 项目负责人 for admission into the program.
"My Honors project exposed me to a much higher level of academia and I know that it will prove beneficial as I go onto grad school."
Admitted to Boston University School of Public Health
Honor Students present their projects at 荣誉之夜, held late in the spring semester. It is one of the highlights of the year and a great opportunity to showcase your hard work.
Financial support is available for students to present their projects at appropriate academic conferences, 太!
Dr. AnnMarie DelliPizzi is a Pharmacologist who joined the faculty of Dominican University in Fall of 2004 after teaching as an adjunct in the Biology Department for one year prior. 教授的课程包括普通生物学, 生物学概论, 微生物学, 病理生理学, 解剖学与生理学, 法医科学, 细胞生物学, 遗传学和组织学. In addition to directing the Honors Program, Dr. DelliPizzi is also the Faculty Moderator of the Nu Psi Chapter of Beta Beta Beta, the National Honor Society for Biology and serves as the Health Professions Advisor. She recently co-authored two new lab manuals with Dr. 艾玛Sarro, 生物学助理教授, "Essentials of 解剖学与生理学 Lab I" and "Essentials of 解剖学与生理学 Lab II", 这两本书都是由BVT出版社出版的.
在开始在沙巴体育app官网之前，博士. DelliPizzi was on the faculty at Manhattan College, 她在那里教遗传学, 微生物学, 药理学, 解剖学与生理学 and General Biology and also served for several years as the Health Professions Advisor. She currently holds adjunct appointments in the 护理 Department at Lehman College and in the 药理学 Department at New York Medical College.
点击 在这里 为博士. DelliPizzi的完整履历.
荣誉课程 opens up many more doors for when you graduate. I am excited to show potential employers all of my hard work the Honors Program pushed me to achieve.
除了探索一个新城市(匹兹堡), I enjoyed presenting my 荣誉 research to my peers and receiving feedback.
Andrea Zuluaga， '17
荣誉课程 at Dominican University has definitely helped me reach my full potential. I enrolled with my fellow 荣誉 students in many unique courses that I would not have otherwise taken. These courses challenged my beliefs in a positive way and taught me things that I can use outside of the classroom.
Dominican University made me feel significant; which instilled a sense of pride that gives me daily encouragement to be all that I aspire to be!